Two times Two
What does two times two equal? The answer depends on who you are:
- the mathematician
- Four. Exactly.
- the accountant
- am I reporting to the board, to the bank or the Revenue? It would vary between £8 and a loss of £4.
- the economist
- What would you like it to equal?
- the engineer
- Two times two? Well of course it's seven, but call it twelve so there's a margin of safety.
- the electronic engineer
- two times two is either 3.9 or 4.7. If you want more accurate, you may get 4.3. But you will need to pay more.
- the retired engineer
- gets his slide-rule out, calculates the answer as 3.99, and approximates it to 4.
- the assembler programmer
- the arts graduate
- I don't know sir ... would you like fried with that?
|Tags: humour||Written 15/07/08|
You can follow these posts on Twitter at @Wibblings